Science and Shamanism
where ancestral wisdom meets modern scientific knowledge for healing and empowerment
To promote self-awareness, self-growth and self-healing in those touched by Functional Disorders, and for the healthy individual; to inspire personal refinement to an unimaginable level, using the credibility of science and the ancient shamanic legacy, while preserving, updating, and transmitting this wisdom.
Yadira Velazquez, MD
Yadira Velazquez, MD, is certified in Adult Neurology, Clinical Neurophysiology, with Neuromuscular Medicine and Functional Neurological Disorders expertise. Dr. Velázquez's medical career has brought her deep knowledge in the areas of neurology, psychiatry, psychology and functional medicine, which combined with her love of nature and ancient healing traditions, have allowed her to collaborate in the development and transmission of unique methods to promote self-awareness and self-healing from Functional Disorders, and also to increase happiness, vitality and satisfaction in the healthy individual.
Today, Dr. Velázquez acts as:
- A Functional Neurological Disorder Healing & Empowerment Ally.
- Educator, speaker, and researcher of integrative modern and ancestral techniques for healing psychosomatic, energetic, emotional, mental, physical and spiritual illnesses.
- Patient advocate, serving those touched by Functional Disorders and FND
- Facilitator of natural psychedelic experiences in collaboration with reputable shamans and guides from various lineages
Dr. Velazquez is the:
- Co-creator of the Holocene Method
- Founder of The Experiential Education Methodology
- Proponent of the FND Integrative Pathophysiological Model
- Co-founder of Science and Shamanism, a global movement of healthcare, wellness professionals, holistic therapy facilitators, and individuals interested in personal, social, environmental well-being, and the scientific endorsement of ancient healing traditions.
- Co-author of the book Science and Shamanism: A Necessary Encounter, where she carries out a scientific evaluation of the benefits of the Shamanic Medicine Wheel, the Andean philosophy of the Three Worlds, and various psychedelic plants to promote self-knowledge, self-healing and empowerment of modern human beings.
Brazilian, expert in shamanism, artist by nature, and multi-instrumentalist musician, who dedicated the last 20 years of his life to understanding, perfecting, and applying the ancient shamanic traditions of Mayan, Toltec, Nagual and Tantric mythologies, combined with oriental practices of body movements, all encompassed in the teachings of the Andean method of the Medicine Wheel, The Four Directions and the Three Worlds. Diego has devoted his life to the study of sacred plants, as essential tools for healing and transforming life into a luminous and successful adventure for the benefit of all existence.
Diego Leite assisted Dr. Velazquez in the creation of the Holocene Method by instructing her about ancestral healing traditions and psychedelic medicinal plants.
Get to know our work!
Monthly community conversations
Everyone is welcomed! Enlightening and supportive discussions for clients, family members and health care professionals.
Free introductory conversations
Meet with Dr. Velazquez to learn all the details about the Holocene Method for Functional Illnesses and FND. You only need to fill out an anonymous intake questionnaire and she will contact you!
Group free Holocene practices
We meet once a month to perform Holocene practices; a personalized approach to balance mind, emotions, physical body and spirit
With this opportunity we can explore your passions, hobbies, skills and turn them into your path of self-healing and self-growth.
FND Module I: A New Path to Healing (w/ Live Sessions)
Our program avoids the limitations of the mainstream available treatments because it focuses on self-investigation, self-discovery and enables the individual to draw their own path of improvement, healing, and prosperity. Click to read more....
FND Spring Module: The New Sunrise of Your Consciousness (w/ Live Sessions)
During this Module we focus on connecting with our Spiritual Body, as this is the ideal time to align with our life's purpose, mission, dreams, and our most intimate aspirations. Spring is represented by the eastern direction, the element Fire, the guardian spirits of the Eagles and the Condor. Click to Read more.....
FND Module II - Three Worlds: Journey from the Subconscious to the Supreme (w/ Live Sessions)
Following the Shamanic Method of the Three Worlds, we will understand life according to three perspectives; essential requirement to achieve physical and psychological health, freedom, happiness, and supreme fulfillment. Click to read More...